If you like the idea of working with a design team that you trust with everything, and treats you like family, call us today and let’s get acquainted! At Designs of the Interior, our clients’ needs and personal style are our inspiration, while our creative sensibility and fine taste are integral to finished spaces that are innovative and highly functional. Our clients know that our education, talent and honed skills mean all the difference between just a room of furniture and a complete, thoughtfully designed space that that “feels” perfect–heartwarming affirmation of our skills is reflected in our repeat and referral projects over the years.
Each member of the team at Designs of the Interior has been involved in design for decades; we came together when Designs of the Interior formed in 1997. Since then, we’ve become known as the design team that can portray beauty, warmth and comfort, carefully tailored to each client’s lifestyle and personality. We value the power of brainstorming to bring each beautiful project to its highest level, to expertly complete all aspects of a project with professional skill and attention to details of proportion, scale, color theory and style.
Our interior design projects include fresh beginnings, style transitions, remodeling/new construction guidance, and construction finish material selections. Our carefully executed installations include custom furniture, custom window treatments, all home décor and a special “feel” of welcoming comfort.
We’re pleased to share some client testimonials with you:
- “Dear Karen and Carla, and the rest of the team, we wanted to thank you sincerely for taking our home to the next level and helping us realize its true beautiful potential! Through all our projects together, we’ve appreciated your creative vision, high level of service, and ultimate professionalism. We look forward to working with you again in the future! Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Year!”
— Melvin and Jenny C.
- “Genaro, our house is beautiful, thanks to you and Karen seeing my vision!!! Each time I walk into the room, I take a deep breath and enjoy every bit of the incedible change you brought to the room. Not only is it so beautiful to look at, but that annoying echo we had is almost entirely gone!!! I can tell you love what you do–it shows in your excellent taste!! We couldn’t be happier!!!”
— Alice and Rich S.
- “We can’t thank you enough for that “Big Wow”! We are so proud of our home and its warm, inviting and functional feel. You paid such attention to every detail and to our lifestyle! It has been such a pleasure working with you both, you’re truly amazing and you took care of every detail. We feel so lucky to have you as our designers and as our friends. Can’t wait for the next project!”
— Cary and Julie G.
- “Thank you both for the fantastic work you did on my loft. Having had a few days to adjust to my new surroundings, it is clear that the effort you both put forth harnessed the space to it’s fullest potential. It is a great thing to hava a space that really feels like home. Thank you so much, you did an impeccable job!”
— Stephen L.
- “Wow! We would like to extend our thanks to you for the marvelous transformation of Stephen’s loft. What you put together is absolutely perfect, and impeccably enhances the downtown mood of the location. Everything looks so appealing and at the same time, it is both very attractive and still practical. We were confident that it would be well-done, but you have exceeded our expectations in every way.”
— Eileen and Ken L.
- “We love what you did for our home so much we want you to do our new home in Houston” (client moving). “The best news is, we got multiple bids on the first day we listed our house and got more than we asked for. Our real estate agent asked if we staged the home, and we said “No, we live this way every day!”, thanks to you guys.”
— John and Michelle N.
- “What you guys did for our home paid off big time! We sold our home in two days because it looked so good, and all of the real estate agents wanted to know who did it. The furniture and your advise on renovations and paint made a huge difference for us and we got more than asking price. You knocked it out of the park!”
— Wes and Nicole W.
- “Carla, just wanted to thank you for all of your help with the furniture, tile and stone selections. We couldn’t have done it without you! We look forward to celebrating with you soon!”
— Mike and Jan M.
- “Genaro, your beach house design work turned out fabulous! You did an amazing job, transforming it into a sandy piece of paradise. Everything is perfect and exceeded expectations. We love it! Awesome job!”
— Bob and Cindy C.
- “Carla, I have to tell you I walked through the door tonight and literally, my heart jumped out of my body. I was screaming so loud and tears of joy were streaming! I can’t believe this is our house!! I never dreamed it could be so beautiful!!! You took my visions and made them my reality! You took my taste and expanded it and hit my style right on!! You are the best designer I’ve ever seen and I’m in awe! I appreciate everything you have done for me and my family! Marcus watched my enthusiasm in awe and had a big smile on his face!! You are the best in every way! Love, Staci”
— Staci and Marcus S.
- “Genaro, I just want to let you know how excited I am to have you designing another project in my home. I am still in awe of the incredible job you did with my living room and dining room. I consider these rooms my sanctuary space, where light, color and artistic savvy have come together to create a beautiful and peaceful place. I can’t wait to see what you come up with on this current project. You are truly an artist and I am honored that you are working with me. Thank so much!”
— Kerry T.
- “I didn’t really know what to expect from working with a design team, but I love everything you did. You hit a home run!”
— Kathy and Jason C.
- “I said at the presentation that I really appreciate how you listened to me and what I envisioned, and now that I see everything in my home, I have to say again, you really listened to me and incorporated what I said into your design! Everything just came together and looks just beautiful, and we are really enjoying our home.”
— Kathy and Peter L.
- “Glorious window treatments and sofa–I want to thank you so much! Thank you for being so enchanting and thank you for being so gracious, your work ethic is incredible, and I really appreciate you making my home so warm and lovely and light. I am so in love with my living room!”
— Dana M.
- “I’ve worked with many design firms over the years and Karen and her team are creative, enjoyable to work with, on time and on budget. Their ideas to transform our home in Montecito are amazing! Neither we nor our friends and family could love it more! We are looking forward to the patio remodel they are working on now! I’d recommend them highly.”
–Bob and Barbara Smith
- “It is with pleasure and enthusiasm that I highly recommend the professionalism and design expertise of the ladies and gentlemen of Designs of the Interior. Carla Padour was the designer for two rooms in my home and her vision and beautiful execution of elegance and flair exceeded my expectations. The efficiency, timeliness, communication, refined taste, well executed installation and delightful outcome made the experience exciting and beyond satisfying. The company’s mantra includes excellence in coordination with budget and client input. I am pleased to refer Designs of the Interior to anyone who wishes a unique, positive experience and beautiful product with the highest caliber of design professionals.”
- “We keep on going in and out of each room. Wow!!! If it wasn’t so late I’d call you. Our home looks amazing!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!”
– Marc and Dianna B.
- “My mother-in-law came over last night and she loves everything you did. She was so impressed after seeing the first room, she was almost too overwhelmed to make it to the next room. She is a talker with big opinions so you know when she is speechless and that overwhelmed she is really impressed, and for once, not critical!!! A miracle…”
– Pam R.
- “Carla is great!”
– Glen and Pam G.
- “Beautiful colors, comfortable and inviting…Genaro is great to work with. Thanks for a great job!”
– Suzanne and Jeff S.
- “We love all the new colors..the bathrooms are beautiful, and our guests love the powder room the most. Let Carla know we’re very pleased with her!”
– Charlotte and Frank C.
- “Love our kitchen and media room! Hope to finish the rest of the house soon!”
– Tami C.
- “I enjoyed working with Genaro very much. He is a great designer and I love his style. He created dramatic yet sophisticated living and dining rooms for us. The rooms were hardly used in the past, but now our family enjoys spending time in them.”
– Sunny and Dulci T.
- “Bill and I are completely happy with the results of our roller shades and draperies. I can’t think of any nicer people, and we enjoyed working with you. You guys are the best! Thanks again!!”
– Bill and Irene M.
- “I had a wonderful experience with your team. Outstanding taste and effort… we are complimented all the time on your finished product.”
– Arlene P.
- “The end result exceeded our wildest imaginations, and working with you went very smoothly.”
– Joel and Linda F.
- “I am so overwhelmed with joy that I am about to cry. I feel like I’m in that show “Extreme Makeover”.”
– Ilean B.
- “When I first met Genaro at the Pasadena Showcase House of Design, I knew Genaro was good; what I didn’t know was how good. Genaro’s professionalism and attention to detail is first rate. I cannot say enough about how fantastic my home looks. Every step of the way, Genaro made it so easy. The process of transforming my home was beyond my expectations. I am recommending Designs of the Interior to all my friends.”
– Margaret D.
- “Love you guys! Our house is now a home. You listened to us and gave us our taste in colors, theme and textures. Your strongest feature is your talent, friendliness and quality of the products you selected/created.”
– Laura and Gerald M.
- “You saved us time, money and frustration. You picked up on an established design direction and helped us complete the job. You are a pleasure to work with!”
– Amy D.
- “You helped us stay within our budget while maintaining a beautiful design with lovely fabrics. We appreciate your creativity and inspiration, with beautiful results!”
– Liz and Louis W.
- “We love how you were able to put the whole package together; you listened, you have great color sense and your people are great to work with.”
-Samuel and Geraldine M.”
- We were so lucky to find you. You and your staff have been one of the best experiences we’ve had in completing our home remodel. Wow! It was so easy to see the entire design concept and make the selections. And that was just the beginning. You stayed with us all the way to the completion of the total project.”
– Robert and Ardith B.
- “We love Designs of the Interior, and you and your presentation were wonderful. You are not a salesman, it’s from the heart.”
– Michelle N.
- “The best thing about Designs of the Interior was your visit to our home, your large selection and ability to work in our price range. You are both very nice and not pushy. We felt you were our friends.”
– Bill and Carol D.
- “We think your people and their knowledge and patience are the most memorable part of working with Designs of the Interior.”
– Arlene D.
- “We felt so comfortable with your suggestions and appreciated your consideration of our budget. You were so knowledgeable with our style!
– Uriel and Cynthia S.
- “We are so pleased with the re-upholstery of our sofa bed, and your people were so helpful and pleasant to work with.”
– Pat and Al K.
- “You gave suggestions that met our needs and desires, but not so many that we had a hard time choosing. You saved us so much time and energy, and we loved the personal and professional attention you gave us.”
– Sunny and Lorna D.
- “It’s a pleasure working with you; you’re always right on top of it!”
– Debra J.
- “Thank you so much for your hard work. I love the room you have created for my family. You have excellent taste and I am lucky to have met you!
“– Kathy M.